Sunday, December 21, 2008

Episode 3. Part 3.

When we last saw our pro-active protagonist...

"Volleyball. Brits vs Aussies. After some deliberation, considering Krissy (suck it, Khloe) has equal Austrailian and British ethnicity, (voice-wise, she speaks Aussie) I play for the Aussies, against her."

Now, Back to Diary of an Engaged Teenager!

I was excited as hell to be playing, this would be a game I would never forget. Until I realized that I was going up against my future wife, which then became a game I wanted to forget. If I spiked a ball in her face, that would mean no sex for me. If she spiked a ball in my face, she would use that as an example of humiliation against me. If I got hit in the balls, that would make my nuts hurt severely. If either of us got hurt, it would mean big consequences for both of us, but that was the last thing on my mind at the time. Game was set, first to 25 won it all. Yippie-Ki-Yay, Motherfuckers. Two rows of three, just like varsity volleyball. I had the lucky opportunity to also be the last to serve on my team, being placed in the middle of the back row. Aussies serve first, and our biggest player, a 6'5'' 220 pound surfer dude, a taller version of me, can't even get it over the net. I knew shit would hit the fan if our tallest was our worst.

Britain serves next, and a short 5'9'' little twit spike-serves it over the net and straight at me, I lob the ball over my wingmen in the front and they volley it back to me as I rush to the front and spike it down to the ground and earn a point for the Aussies. 1-1 Even, then my exact mirror-image of me comes to serve. Name's Michael, He's 6'0'', 180 pounds and smokin' hot with a surfer-mop head of hair and a six-pack. Technically same looking person as I am. He f*cking slams the ball! SLAMS! it over the net and winds up some 50 metres away from the court. I run to the ball, hand it to Kristina who's serving next, and whispered in her ear a line I modified from an original AC/DC lyric: "It's a long way to the top, babe, but I'll bring the Aussies there first." I then flash a smile and run back to my side and take my position on the court. She wasn't about to let that go unanswered.

I immediately felt a rush of confidence flowing through my body. Until I heard six words that made my blood curdle: "Hey baby, bring THIS with you!" She then proceeded to run incredibly fast, jump, then slam the ball over the net and onto the ground without so much as an answer. I showed no emotion, and eventually answered the next serve by tapping it down on the ground, away from the imbibed Brits. The rest of the game ran relatively close for the most part, with no team gaining more than a 3 point lead. By the time that the game's 21-20 with Britain in the lead, Kristina comes up again to serve, and I call a timeout. I tell everyone that when she gets ready to serve, just wolf-whistle the whole time to distract her. Timeout's over and it's time to see how loyally my Australian Drones listened to my orders.

Kristina comes up to serve again, (since she's wearing a Black & White two-piece anyway, I'm surprised my teammates held their wolf-whistles until the very end.) They wolf-whistle, according to my orders, and I can see her smile in mid-air and get distracted, and the shot goes dead left and out of bounds. My strategy worked. Each point is followed by the other team scoring until it's 24-23 Australia, again. I get to serve, and seem to be worked up to ace another shot, but I get distracted when every single one of my opponents scares me into half-serving my shot in mid-air, which they tip into my side and score a point. Win-by-Two doesn't apply in this case. When I get up off the ground, I immediately answer the next shot in extreme anger, and slam a shot, which bounces off a huge British bloke's abs, bounces back to our side, and almost costs us the game had it not been for Michael's awesome dive and my backwards wrist-slam of the ball.

When we get back possession, the same 6'5'' dum-dum who cost us our first point is up to serve. With a little motivation speech by me, I encourage him enough to lightly tap the ball over the net, and let me do the work. He does exactly what I tell him to do. With all his strength, he avoids slamming the ball and he taps it enough to get it over, sliding over this Brit's back and onto the ground. Celebrations all around as Aussies win on their home turf. I walk straight to Kristina afterward and said: "Nice Strategy" She responded: "I learned from the best...then I learned from you, hehe." The 6'5'' dude, who I later found out was named Leslie (hehe, girls name.) asked the two of us to stay. I said I was done for the day, but we'll be in the bar.

I walked hand-in-hand with Kristina to the bar and guess who's there bartending? Khloe noticed that we weren't covered in water, but with sweat. She asked: "Hard Volleyball Game?" Me and Kristina both responded: "You got no damn idea" Then we both looked at each other and smiled, I pecked her on the lips, then drank some Strawberry Daiquiri as Khloe explained she watched the whole game from the bar. "You'd be surprised what you can see from here" she said.

I was surprised the game didn't result in a British Empire civil war. More Importantly, I gave my new mates our room number so they know where to find us, so we can find our next adventure...

Because I Can.

Episode 3 Part 4 Coming Soon!

Sound Off! Leave Comments Below, Questions, Comments, etc. I'll answer all of em!

No comments:

Post a Comment